Friday, October 23, 2009

Hey Guys!
My deepest apologies for being A.W.O.L. for so long. This blogging-thing no easy, oh! Anyways, I’ve been very busy doing this-or-that. Besides, the protracted ASUU strike has been called off, so it’s back to school…………..aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!
One sec please, i woke up with this craving for Baileys Irish Cream. Let me get a glass, brb………..alright, I’m back!

Truth be told, I received the news with mixed feelings. The reasonable half of me was happy that it was over and I could go back to school to complete that phase of my life, while the “lazy bum” half of me that had grown accustomed to the “happy-go-lucky”, partying, hanging-out etc life that the 3-4 months at home afforded me, was inconsolably sad. But it’s all good, I have managed to strike a balance now and we -my reasonable half and my lazy-bum half- are at peace.

In retrospect, I realize that the strike action was not ALL BAD. To borrow from a popular Yòrùbá saying- “Ire n be nínú ibi, ibi sì n be nínú ire”. This means that “Sometimes, there is GOOD IN EVIL and EVIL IN GOOD”. “Inú ìkòkò dúdú ni eko funfun ti jade” which is translated literally to mean “Out of the BLACK pot, comes WHITE Pap. You’re probably wondering by now what the Yòrùbá is all about this morning. For me, the strike action was a good thing, as it afforded me the opportunity to think very deeply. BELLEZZA MAKEOVERS -the blog which you now read- is one of the results of my “deep thinking”.
I was able during the strike, to reflect and consequently chart a course for my life –one which I will follow to the letter God-willing. Bellezza Makeovers may never have seen the light of day, but for the strike. This is because, for about 5 years, I’ve been doing free makeovers….all you had to do was ask. I’d even spend my money transporting myself to the location where you wanted it done. This was the case until I read a verse of Scripture (please don’t ask me where it is) that reads - “A man’s gift will make a way for him”……and that was IT! I also happened upon another verse – “Seest thou a man diligent in his work? He will stand before Kings and not mean (ordinary) men”. Right there, I decided that I was going to build a business empire of my Make-up Artistry skills……a business that would one day grow BIGGER than Tosin Oketunji and bring me untold repute. Might I also add that God spoke to me during my daily meditations (something i’d not have been doing but for the strike).

Alright, alright…..enough of that. I have a Makeover tomorrow……30 girls. Lord help me. 30 girls in the 10-12 age bracket. You’ll be surprised to know what these “rich people” spend their money on. Whatever!!!! As long as Bellezza gets paid handsomely…..lol! Heck, i’ll make their day-old babies up if the price is right.

Oooh! I almost forgot! About 3 weeks back, I won a ticket to go see the Tarzan Monologues at Terra Kulture, courtesy Guaranty Trust Bank….my bank (**************************) I eventually went to see it last Sunday and it was something. A big eye-opener and insight into the way our men think and view us- their women and the issues affecting us. It’s showing every Sunday in October at Terra Kulture, so you still have this Sunday if you want to see it. The monologues were written and produced by Mr Wole Oguntokun. If you saw the Vagina Monologues at the MUSON Centre in March 2008 -most of which were written by him- you’d be counting the hours till Sunday to see the Tarzan Monologues(*****************). I particularly enjoyed the “Powerful, Sexy, Grey” monologue by Bimbo Manuel.

Alright people, gotta go now! My glass of Baileys is getting lonely…….the ice has melted, sef! Have a blessed day and weekend ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment